GRADUATES UNDER UNU-IIGH-UKM COLLABORATION RECEIVED THEIR SCROLLS
UNU-IIGH is pleased to announce that its pioneer graduates had received their scrolls at the National University of Malaysia (UKM) convocation ceremony held on the 26th of September 2011 in UKM Bangi, Malaysia. Presently all UNU-IIGH postgraduate students are registered with National University of Malaysia (UKM) under a special arrangement governed by an MOU between the two institutions signed in 2008.
They are four PhD graduates in Public Health (Assoc Prof Dr Sharifa Ezat Wan Puteh, Dr Zafar Ahmed, Dr Hossein Moshiri and Dr Khalid Ghailan) and one Master of Medical Science (Public Health) graduate (Rajna Anthony).
All of them were supervised by UNU-IIGH’s Senior Research Fellow; Prof Dr Syed Mohamed Aljunid. The titles of their respective dissertations are listed below :
Assoc Prof Dr Sharifa Ezat Wan Puteh
- ( Economic Evaluation of Vaccination against Human Papiloma Virus (HPV) Infections in the Prevention of Cervical Cancer)
Dr Zafar Ahmed
- ( Use of Case-mix System to Enhance Efficiency in Management of Coronary Angiography Patients through Ambulatory Substitution in UKMMC : DRGs Vs GRGs)
Dr Khalid Ghailan
- ( Socio-economic Impact of HIV-AIDS in Malaysia)
Dr Hossein Moshiri
- ( Impact of Case-mix System on Efficiency of Teaching Hospitals in Malaysia)
- ( Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Personal Financial Management among the Medical Practitioners in Public and Private Medical Services in Malaysia)
Congratulations to all five pioneer graduates of UNU-IIGH!